Garden Neighborhood - Dementia Care
Elders Inn on Webster was specially designed to incorporate a delayed egress area for those suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer's Disease. This unit, called the Garden Neighborhood, offers a unique activity calendar, special programs, and an enhanced level of care.
The Garden Neighborhood at Elders Inn has dedicated care staff 24 hours a day, a private garden, and a delayed egress entry to help prevent wandering.
Additionally, these Residents receive:
- Basic meal service, including:
- 3 meals per day
- Snacks at 10am and 2pm daily
- Catering to Physician prescribed diets
- 2 loads of personal laundry per week;
- Daily room tidying;
- Daily garbage pickup;
- Weekly housekeeping;
- Weekly linen changes;
- Local phone service;
- Basic cable television service;
- Basic transportation, including one round trip medical or dental appointment within Alameda;
- Specialized activity program;
- Escort to and from in-house activities and meals;
- Supervision and monitoring of activities of daily living;
- Twice weekly showers;
- Assistance with dressing and grooming, morning and night;
- Inventory and ordering of medications for new prescriptions and refills;
- Assistance with taking of prescribed medications; and,
- Observation, care, and supervision as required by regulatory agencies.